Table of Contents
Taylor Swift is a name known around the world. With concert tickets that sold out within minutes, to an interruption by Kanye West at the 2009 VMA’s, everyone loves this blonde-haired, blue-eyed pop/country singer.
But Taylor isn’t just famous for her music, she’s also famous for her heartfelt quotes, some of which were included in her book Fearless. Whether you love to jam out to “Shake It Off” or cry to “All Too Well” read on to discover some of the most famous Taylor Swift Quotes and why she said each one!
1. “We don’t need to share the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful.”
Taylor Swift spoke these words in response to some of the poor behavior she observed online. She encourages others to share love, and not hate, even with those who may have a different opinion than you.
2. “To me, Fearless is not the absence of fear. It’s not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.”
This is one of many Taylor Swift quotes that were mentioned by Taylor in her linear notes for her album Fearless released in 2021.
3. “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.”
Taylor mentioned this quote on her social media at some point on a New Year’s Day prior to 2015. It has since been reposted almost every year by her fan group, as it is one of their favorite Taylor Swift quotes.
4. “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.”
Taylor is a huge advocate for treating everyone fairly and has been known to send letters to her senator over injustices. While it is unknown when this quote was first mentioned by Swift, it is one many of her Swifties aspire to live their life by.
5. “Everybody has that point in their life where you hit a crossroads and you’ve had a bunch of bad days and there’s different ways you can deal with it and the way I dealt with it was I just turned completely to music.”
This quote was first mentioned in interviews around the time of the release of her album Fearless.
6. “People haven’t always been there for me, but music always has.”
It is unknown when Taylor first mentioned this quote, but it is more recent and may be from her Twitter or perhaps an interview in 2022.
7. “I’m intimidated by the fear of being average.”
It is unknown when Taylor said this quote exactly, however, it was already associated with her name as of 2012, meaning she’s been living her life by this motto for at least a decade.
8. “Just be yourself, there is no one better.”
It is unknown when Taylor first said this quote, but it is arguably one of her most famous of all time.
9. “It’s hard to fight when the fight ain’t fair.”
The next on our list of Taylor Swift quotes is from Taylor Swift’s Song “Change,” released in 2008.
10. “Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good because the only words you’ll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.”
Taylor first uttered these famous words in her Speak Now linear notes. While these are lesser known among the wider public, all the Swifties have known and revered these notes since they were published in 2010.
11. “The lesson I’ve learned the most often in life is that you’re always going to know more in the future than you know now.”
We again aren’t sure when Taylor Swift mentions this quote, but it may have been on her Twitter back in the early 2010s, or in an interview around the same time.
12. “If you’re horrible to me, I’m going to write a song about it, and you won’t like it. That’s how I operate.”
This is one of the more famous Taylor Swift quotes is thought to be in response to the feud between Kayne West and Taylor Swift which spanned a decade and included the pair writing songs about one another. It is unclear when it was first said.
13. “Fixing your heartbreak by getting into another relationship is not the way to live your life – you need to live it on your terms for a while.”
Swift’s famous words became legend in 2014 in an interview with Asos Magazine. She later reflected on her words saying that at the time she really wanted to say something to help young women through the difficult world of dating.
14. “You are the only one who gets to decide what you will be remembered for.”
Taylor Swift uttered these words in her Foreword for her 1989 album, inspiring all of her Swifties to choose their own path in life and go for what they dream of doing.
15. “FEARLESS is getting back up and fighting for what you want over and over again….even though every time you’ve tried before you’ve lost.”
Taylor Swift mentioned this quote in response to the release of her album Fearless which she wrote without a co-writer, all on her own.
More Quotes By Taylor Swift
These last few Taylor Swift quotes have been around for so long, it’s difficult to narrow down when Taylor first mentioned them. But either way, they are still quotes that we think are excellent for living your life by, take a look.
16. “I don’t think you should ever take life so serious that you forget to play.”
15. “I don’t know if you know who you are until you lose who you are.”
18. “People are going to judge you anyway, so you might as well do what you want.”
19. “Happiness and confidence are the prettiest things you can wear.”
20. “If somebody hurts you, it’s okay to cry a river, just remember to build a bridge and get over it.”
21. “Life isn’t how to survive the storm, it’s about how to dance in the rain.”
22. “At some point, you have to forget about grudges because they only hurt.”
23. “I’ve questioned everything about myself, every step of the way. You have to have the same amount of fear and self-doubt as you do hope and blind optimism.”
24. “Believe in everything you do. Believe in your mistakes and grow from them.”
25. “Growing up is scary because it happens without you knowing it.”
26. “Giving up doesn’t always mean you’re weak sometimes your just strong enough to let go.”
27. “You need to be happy with yourself or you’ll never be able to be happy in a relationship.”
You May Also Enjoy: