Last updated on February 17th, 2022 at 12:59 pm
A USB microphone can be used for all of your recording and audio needs, from video conferences to recording music. USB microphones have recently become a popular option due to their compact size and how easy they are to use.
You don’t need to haul around a lot of heavy or expensive equipment in order to make recordings.
USB microphones will fit easily in your bag and most are plug and play, so once they’re plugged into your computer or mobile device, they’ll be ready to use.
With technological advances, you can also find many USB microphones that will provide you with quality audio recordings. Depending on your purpose for a USB microphone, you’ll be able to choose from a variety of styles and designs.
Here are the five best USB Microphones
BLUE Condenser Microphone – $108.00
If you are looking to record vocals, instruments, podcasts, conference calls, voiceovers, and more, you may want to consider the BLUE Condenser Microphone.
This USB microphone uses a tri-capsule array. It has three condenser capsules that work together to make it a great microphone for recording a variety of sound types and volumes.
While you would typically need more than one microphone to be able to record using cardioid, bidirectional, stereo, and omni patterns, the BLUE Condenser Microphone allows you to record in all four pickup patterns.
This microphone also comes with studio controls that allow you to select your desired pattern, mute sounds, and control the headphone volume.
The microphone’s head will pivot to allow you to put it in the optimum position to pick up the sound of your voice, instruments, or others in the room. This is a plug-and-play microphone that is compatible with most versions of Windows and MAC operating systems.
With 14 different stylish color choices, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your studio, office, or personality. A few of the available color options include Blackout, Silver, Satin Red, Midnight Blue, Space Gray, and Teal.
- You can switch between four different pickup patterns.
- The microphone’s head pivots to allow you to get it in the perfect position for every recording.
- There are 14 sleek and attractive color choices.
- This is the most expensive option on our list.
The Fifine Home Studio USB Condenser Microphone uses an omnidirectional pickup pattern, which makes it a great option to consider when you are recording vocals or voiceovers. The omnidirectional pickup pattern isolates the main sound and uses noise-canceling features to avoid recording other noises.
It comes with a tripod-style stand to keep it stable as you record. You can also adjust the angle of the microphone within 90-degrees to achieve the perfect angle for your task. The microphone is 5.43 inches tall and 2.16 inches wide.
Since this is a plug and play option, once you connect it to your computer with the included USB cable, it will be ready to use.
The Fifine Home Studio USB Condenser Microphone is compatible with MAC and Windows operating systems, so you’ll be able to use it with all of your desktop and laptop computers.
- The omnidirectional pickup pattern works to isolate the main sound and cancel out background noises.
- You can control the angle of the microphone based on your needs.
- This microphone is a plug and play option, so it will be ready to use without installing any software.
- This microphone is not compatible with cell phones or Xbox.
The Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone will allow you to produce clear recordings with its Cardioid pickup pattern. It is a great option to consider if you want to produce podcasts, record voiceovers or vocals, or communicate over Skype or FaceTime.
You’ll be amazed at the difference in the audio quality when you compare recordings made with your computer’s built-in microphone to those made with this product.
This product features a unique retro-style design. It has a tripod as the base topped with a large sphere (the microphone) with the Blue logo prominently displayed. It is a plug and play device, so it will be ready to use as soon as it is plugged into your computer with a MAC or Windows operating system.
If you are looking for added flexibility, you can consider purchasing Blue’s Compass Premium Broadcast Boom Arm. With this product, the reach for your microphone will be extended, and you’ll be able to move it around in different directions to pick up other people or sounds in your space.
Blue also sells a Ringer Custom Shockmount, which is a suspension designed to hold the microphone and isolate it from vibrations and other unwanted sounds to yield high-quality recordings.
- This product features a retro design that will look great in your studio or office.
- If you are looking to record audio for communicating with others or voiceover recordings, this is a great option to consider.
- You can purchase the Compass Premium Broadcast Boom Arm or Ringer Custom Shockmount to further improve the quality and capabilities of this microphone.
- This microphone only utilizes the cardioid pickup pattern; some other microphones offer multiple pickup patterns to choose from.
Another great option to consider that uses a cardioid pickup pattern is the Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone. This option has a 25 mm diaphragm condenser which is designed to ensure it delivers high-quality audio recordings. The makers of this microphone recommend it for a variety of uses, including recording music, podcasting, gaming, or Skype or other types of conference calls.
The three legs on the tripod base of this microphone are designed to fold back to make it easy to close up the mic and transport it. You can also adjust the position of the legs to modify the angle and position of the microphone.
There is a headphone output included in this microphone to allow you to monitor the sounds from the microphone and your computer. You can adjust the volume for the headphones using the volume knob.
If you are using this microphone for a phone conference or call, you can hit the mute switch to provide yourself privacy or prevent background noise from disturbing others on the call.
This is a plug and play microphone that is designed to work with iPhones, iPads, and Android mobile devices as well as computers. You will need to purchase an Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or Host OTG cable to use it with a mobile device.
- This microphone can be used with cell phones and tablets.
- The legs can adjust to modify the angle of the microphone and can fold up to allow for easy transport.
- There is a mute switch you can use if you are using the microphone for conference calls.
- Your recordings may pick up more background noise and vibrations than you may like.
If you’re looking for a USB microphone that includes some of the accessories you’ll want to improve your recordings, consider the Rofeer USB Podcast Condenser Microphone Kit.
When you purchase this kit, in addition to receiving the USB microphone, you’ll also get the scissor arm stand which will allow you to move the microphone around to pick up other sounds in the room. The stand can rotate 360 degrees, so you’ll be able to record voices and sounds from just about anywhere in the room.
The kit also includes an anti-vibration shock mount that will hold your microphone to prevent vibrations and movements from interfering with your recordings. You will also receive a pop filter, a windscreen, and a USB cable.
The microphone in this kit is a condenser microphone that records using a cardioid polar pattern. With the cardioid polar pattern, it will be less likely that unwanted sounds or voices are picked up by the mic.
This product can be connected to your laptop, desktop, tablet, or mobile phone. It is a plug and play model, so it will be ready to use as soon as you connect it. If you want to use it with a mobile device, you will also need to purchase an OTG adapter.
- This kit includes numerous accessories that you would need to purchase separately with most other USB microphones.
- With the cardioid polar recording pattern, less background noise will be picked up in your recordings.
- The plug and play design makes it quick and easy to get the microphone set up and ready to record whether you are using a cellphone, tablet, or computer.
- You will need to purchase an OTG adapter to use this microphone with a tablet or cell phone.
You won’t be disappointed with your decision to purchase one of the USB microphones on our list. They’re all easy to use and will allow you to create high-quality recordings.